Decide where to have your ceremony or registration

Religious or belief marriage

If you want a religious marriage (including other belief systems), you should contact the church or other venue and the priest, minister or other person you want to conduct the ceremony to check availability.

Civil marriage and civil partnership

Civil marriage and civil partnership ceremonies can take place in registration offices or at approved venues across Dumfries and Galloway.

Registration offices

There are a number of registration offices across the region where you can organise a civil ceremony. Our registrars can check availability and arrange the relevant paperwork for your marriage or civil partnership.

Contact us to make a provisional booking:

Find a registration office

Gretna Registration Office

Our most popular wedding venue is Gretna Registration Office. It's an elegant setting for civil marriages and civil partnerships. The inspiration for the building designs came from oriental concepts and the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh. They are among the most modern in the UK, combining all the elements of elegance and choice you would wish.

Explore Gretna Registration Office

Authorised venues

Our registrars can also conduct civil ceremonies at authorised venues in Dumfries and Galloway. If you choose an authorised venue for your ceremony, you should contact that venue to check the availability and costs of your preferred date. The venue will make arrangements on your behalf for a registrar to conduct the ceremony.

Find an authorised venue