What you must send us

As well as your notice forms, you must send us the following, for you and your partner:

  • your completed contact form, with at least your daytime telephone number and email address included
  • birth certificate or adoption certificate
  • proof of where you live, dated in the last 3 months, for example a bank statement, utility bill, valid UK driving licence, most recent council tax bill
  • passport or another document that proves your nationality

If you need to keep your passport you can send us a photocopy of the passport with your notice form. You must contact us to make an appointment to visit the office in person with your passport before your ceremony so we can check it:

A certified translation must be provided with any documents that are not in English.

Other things you might need to send us

Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to send us: