Apply for a road permit or closure

Apply to do work on, close or occupy part of any of our public roads, pavements or car parks. There is a charge for these services. If you do not pay in advance you may have to pay double the charge.

Apply for an event space in Dumfries town centre

If you want to occupy a space in Dumfries town centre for an event, you must apply for permission. 

Applications require at least 10 working days notice and in some cases may require 28 days notice. There is a charge for this service if we give permission.

Download a Dumfries town centre space application form [DOC, 533KB]

Depending on the type of event, you may also need a:

Both have a consultation period of at least 28 days before we make a decision on the application. You may wish to apply for these before applying for the event space.