Apply for a road permit or closure

Apply to do work on, close or occupy part of any of our public roads, pavements or car parks. There is a charge for these services. If you do not pay in advance you may have to pay double the charge.

Apply for permission to do roadworks

If you want to do roadworks on one of our roads, pavements or car parks, you must apply for permission. For example, to:

  • do excavations
  • construct a new access
  • repair equipment under the road
  • lay new pipes

You must give between 10 and 28 days notice, depending on the type of work. There is a charge for this service if we give permission for the roadworks.

Apply for a roadworks permit